Both men and women all over the world love to drink beer. It is very popular to drink at bars, parties, or even just in your backyard on a hot Sunday afternoon. But beer isn’t just a drink which can quench your thirst and get some alcohol in your body. It can also be used as a cleaning agent, even if you may not think that it is actually possible.
Beer and carpet cleaning doesn’t always go hand in hand in many people’s book but it can actually be very useful in treating many kinds of stains. The good thing about beer is that many people have it in their fridge at home so it can be easily obtained if ever carpet cleaning problems occur all of a sudden.
If you want to learn how to make use of beer other than to have an enjoyable evening with your buddies, check out the guide below to find out how you can use it to clean your carpet.
• Beer can be very useful in removing stains from the carpet but you have to use it in the proper way, otherwise you would be causing a beer stain which is an entirely different problem than the one you are trying to remedy.
• If you have a coffee stain on your carpet, remove the excess liquid by using a paper towel to dab the spill. Then, after you have cleared the carpet, pour some room temperature beer onto the stained area.
• The beer will help in lifting and removing the coffee stain out of the carpet. Once you have applied the beer, use a clean white cloth to blot the area again and again.
• After doing the previous step you will be able to see some improvement on the coffee stain. But if there is still some traces of the stain, repeat the last step until the entire stain is gone.
• Finish off the job by using a cup of clean water to flush out any beer or other kind of residue from the carpet. You never want to have residue get left behind as this can cause build-up in the carpet fibers over time.
• Dry the carpet completely by using a wet/dry vac to complete the task.
As you can see, beer can really be of good use in cleaning the carpet. The next time you have a coffee spill on your carpet and you don’t have any cleaning solution available, just grab some beer and follow the guide above.